Pure and ResearchOnline
Pure is the university’s Current Research Information System (CRIS). Pure stores and preserves digital content relating to research at GCU, including staff research outputs, funding applications and projects, activities and impact. All academic staff have access to Pure.
The University's research repository, ResearchOnline, displays content in Pure including research outputs and staff research profiles. The repository increases the visibility of research at GCU by providing open access to research outputs which are free to read and download and allows staff to comply with REF, funder and University policy requirements.
Pure and ResearchOnline have recently been upgraded, providing a number of benefits to users:
- System fully supported and maintained with upgrades and new functionality available each month
- Cloud hosted system providing reliability and scalability
- Improved functionality and new Pure portal with clean, modern user interface
- Access Pure directly on and off campus without the need for VPN software
- Access for all academic staff
- Improved data quality and integration with other University systems
- New REF and awards management functionality coming soon
All staff employed on an academic contract have access to Pure. You can log in to Pure at https://gcu.elsevierpure.com/admin.
Support staff do not automatically have access to Pure. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require access.
Some staff will require additional roles in Pure, for example to create reports or manage REF processes. If you require additional roles please email email@example.com.
We have several help guides for Pure. More guides will be available here soon.
The modules in Pure are owned by various teams across the institution. To ensure you contact the correct team please refer to the information below when seeking support with Pure.
- Pure system, user accounts and access, ResearchOnline, general queries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research outputs, open access, open access funding: email email@example.com
- Funding applications, awards management, projects: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Impact: contact your school impact officer