The main databases used in the Glasgow School for Business and Society are:
- FAME (Financial Analysis Made Easy)
- Global Market Information Database (GMID)
- Key note (now replaced by IBISWorld)
- Lexis Library
- Proquest Central (includes Cambridge Scientific Abstracts and many social science databases like ASSIA)
- PsycInfo (part of Proquest)
- Web of Science (Social Science Citation Index)
- Westlaw UK
Each of these databases uses its own thesaurus of keywords to help with more precise searching. They are all named after the database, apart from Web of Science which uses a system called Key Words Plus.
If you are following a set search protocol, it may specify which databases you should search. There are many more databases available, you can look up our A-Z listing or the subject guide for your area. If you are still unsure, ask your librarian. Links to help sheets are available on our A-Z database list.
This page was produced in collaboration with Dr Helen Marlborough of Glasgow University Library.