Finding grey literature 2
- Web of Science The default search allows you to combine search terms with ‘And’, ‘Or’, ‘Not’ and ‘SAME’. You can search specifically on ‘Conference’ as well as by topic and title.
- Guidelines provides concise clinical guideline summaries of major primary and shared care guidelines in the UK. Additionally, European guidelines from some of the major independent professional bodies are also summarised and included. Summaries of guidelines from NICE, the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN), independent professional bodies, and expert-led working party groups are developed for use in clinical practice.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Guidance covers three main areas: public health, health technologies and clinical practice.
- SCIE practice guides a free online resource which bring together information, research and current good practice about particular areas of social care. The guides give users the opportunity to develop their own knowledge about what works well and apply it effectively in their day-to-day work.
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) Guidelines
- Turning Research Into Practice (TRIP) lets you identify the high quality clinical evidence for clinical practice.
- OAIster Previously difficult-to-access academic digital resources.
- OpenDOAR - directory of open access repositories.
- ResearchOnline@GCU University research repository
Subject Gateways: evaluated information on the Internet
- Archives Hub - descriptions of archives in UK universities and colleges.
- GCU Archives - Institutional history of GCU plus much more in the wider areas of history, politics and social work. Details are on the web site.
- UKDA: UK data service - you need to register before searching.
- The Knowledge Network (NHS e-library) including JBI COnNECT (Joanna Briggs Institute)
This page was produced in collaboration with Dr Helen Marlborough of Glasgow University Library.