Planning your research - key questions 2
Step 2: How? Where? Who?
- How do I find out what I want to know?
- Where can I get the information I need?
- Who do I need to ask? (not just your tutor, but don't forget your subject librarian - they can help!)
- Choose your methodology
- quantitative or numbers information
- qualitative in-depth explanatory information
- case studies
- site visits or observation
- participatory research
Step 3: When?
- When do all the different parts of the research need to be done?
- List all your research work areas
- Map them against a timeline
- Develop a work plan
Our section on writing a research proposal will help you with this and other issues associated with research.
PILOT - Research design by Learning from WOeRk, University of Plymouth modified by Marion Kelt, Glasgow Caledonian University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License