Although the priciples of copyright may be the same in the UK and US, the way the law is written and implemented is very different. For example, the US has the idea of "fair use" and the Teach Act which are designed to make life easier for those working in academia. Because of this, we have gathered together links to some of the excellent resources which are currently available in the US.
- Copyright Basics video from the Copyright Clearance Center
- The Copyright Crash Course from the University of Texas contains detailed information on all aspects of copyright and its applications in Higher Education.
- Copyright on Campus video from the Copyright Clearance Center. You'll find discussion of copyright woven all through important aspects of research and teaching.
- MIT have produced a free online course called an Introduction to copyright law in America. It leads to an ALISON diploma and takes 4-5 hours to complete.
- US Government's short factsheet on copyright basics