What are the advantages of open access publication?
There are a number of advantages in making your thesis available:
- Raising the visibility and reach of your research. This is particularly relevant to theses
- Providing a stable and long term URL that you can use to promote your work to potential employers and grant providers
- Ensuring long term preservation and access to your research
- Satisfying the funding requirements of research bodies. For example RCUK expect a thesis to be available open access within 12 months of award. Contact the library if this is the case
- Protecting against plagiarism by making a reference copy publicly available
Copyright and your thesis by Dr Jane Secker, LSE adapted by Marion Kelt, GCU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.