Contact your librarian
We can help students and staff:
- Find relevant information and create a search strategy.
- Use the many different resources and databases more effectively.
- Manage your research and keep up to date.
- Come to a drop-in session - Monday to Friday during trimester in the Library. Useful for quick questions such as searching the catalogue, accessing a book or journal, or how to set up RefWorks.
- Request an appointment with your subject librarian. Useful for help with dissertation resources, search strategies and group tasks. Appointments can be booked between 10am and 7pm Monday-Thursday, and 10am and 3pm on Friday. We usually allow one hour for appointments. Librarians may offer appointment times outside of these bookable slots on request.
- Go to The Library Desk. Staff can contact us to check if we are available to see you straight away.
- Telephone on 0141 331 3333
Contact Archives and Special Collections
Our A&SC are a unique learning, teaching and research resource open to everyone. The subject strengths are the Scottish Labour and Trades Union Movement, Scottish social work, social policy and child welfare, and Scottish social enterprise. We also house the records of our University and its parent bodies (dating back to 1875 and the formation of the Glasgow School of Cookery). Our A&SC sit well with the mission of GCU as a university for the common good, providing resources to enhance the learning, teaching and research experience within the broad social justice arena.
Please contact Carole McCallum, University Archivist, to discuss your enquiries and research needs.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 273 1188
- Consultation days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Search for catalogued A&SC using Discover.