This unit has:
- Introduced you to some of the currently available social media tools
- Highlighted the potential benefits and drawbacks of the use of these tools for your practice
- Covered some of the technical aspects of using social media
- Considered the continuing importance of traditional networking such as conference attendance
- Provided tips on spelling and grammar
- Outlined the features of technical writing
- If you haven't already done so, try joining at least one of the academic social networking sites.
- Why not set up a Twitter or Facebook account as well?
- Make sure you monitor your new social networking sites to gauge the impact they are having on the dissemination of your research.
- Remember not to neglect traditional networking. Look for some forthcoming conferences that you could attend, either to present a paper, or simply to network with colleagues in your field.