"By speeding up communication and enabling new forms of collaboration, social media also have the potential to spark exciting new research, and to increase productivity. (1)"
The following pages will:
- look at some of the currently available social media tools.
- reflect on the potential benefits or drawbacks of the use of these tools for your practice.
- examine the technical aspects of the use of social media.
- reflect on the importance of conference attendance for dissemination of your research.
1. Research Information Network (2011) Social Media: A Guide for Researchers, p40.
PILOT - Communication by Marion Kelt, GCU, Imperial College, London and East Midlands Research Group is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.