University, NHS and R&D Information
The School has three ethics committees who oversee all ethics applications, reviews and approvals. Any queries regarding ethical aspects of a research project should be discussed with the project supervisor or the relevant Ethics Committee Chair and/or School Research Manager.
School Ethics Contacts
- Chair of School of Health and Life Sciences Ethics Committee: Professor Paul Flowers
- School Research Manager Kay Henderson
- Research Administrator Alexis Henderson
- Chair of Nursing and Community Health Dr Ben Parkinson
- Chair of Psychology, Social Work and Allied Health Dr Phil Dalgarno
- Chair of Life Sciences Ethics Committee Dr Les Wood
- University Research Ethics Committee is a sub committee of the University Research Committee. The University Research Ethics Committee works in parallel with the School and considers all requests for ethical approval which may have ethical implications or those applications which also require scrutiny from an external ethical body, eg: NHS.
External Ethics and R&D
For all multicentre studies, contact the NHS Research Scotland Permissions Coordinating Centre.