Indemnity and insurance details

You need to explain what arrangements are in place for negligent and non-negligent harm insurance/indemnity in any ethics application. Importantly, written confirmation of insurance/indemnity must now be included to provide evidence that you have appropriate cover.

The University does have insurance cover for clinical trials but it is the responsibility of the individual researcher and/or the School to ascertain from the Depute Court Secretary that the trial in question falls within the University policy. Please contact Janice Bruce, Depute Court Secretary to get further information.