- Title: The Discursive Construction of Glasgow2014 on Twitter
- Supervisor: Prof. Hugh O’Donnell (GCU); Prof. David McGillivray (UWS); Prof. Gayle McPherson (UWS)
- Department & Subject Group: Department of Media, Journalism, and Social Sciences
Specialisms & Interests
- The Olympic Games
- The Commonwealth Games
- The Mediatisation of Events
- Cultural Regeneration
- Cultural Policy
- Sports Event Volunteering
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Association for Events Management Education
- Media, Communication, and Cultural Studies Association
- Clare is currently working on her doctoral research which draws on Michel Foucault’s concept of discourse to analyse the discursive construction of the 2014 Commonwealth Games on Twitter.
Selected Consulting Projects
McGillivray, D., and McPherson, G. with Mackay, C., and Murray, A. (2011) Delhi Flag Handover Ceremony 2010 volunteer project. UWS/Glasgow Life. Scotland.
Mackay, C. (2012) ‘Back the Bid’: The London Olympic Bid Committee and the Sun Newspaper. Journal of Sport and Social Issues. Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 410 – 421.
McGillivray, D., McPherson, G., and Mackay, C. (2013) ‘Events and Volunteerism’. In: Finkel, R., McGillivray, D., McPherson, G., and Robinson, P. (eds.) Research Themes for Events. CABI: UK.