The development of NHS health improvement services and their relationship to health inequalities in urban Scotland 1974 – 1999
Dr. Janet Greenlees
Department & Subject Group
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Honorary fellow in the Department of Community Health Sciences at Edinburgh University 1999- 2008.
- Scottish Trustee of the Peoples Health Trust
Selecting Consulting Projects
- Evaluation of Community Food and Health Scotland for Scottish Government
- Public Attitudes to Physical Activity in Glasgow for GCPH (with EKOS)Overview of the Health Promoting Health Service approach for NHS Health Scotland
(with EKOS)Mapping of networking and support activity for the community food and health sector in Scotland, for NHS Health Scotland (with EKOS)Oral History of Health Education in Scotland for NHS Health Scotland
- ASH review of Scottish Health Boards Smoking Policies
- Development of walk through Glasgow’s Public Health History GCPH
- Best Value review of EQUAL Mental Health Partnership
- Evaluation of Lanarkshire HB Youth Smoking Peer Support project.Alcohol, Young Men and Masculinity, Research Study for GGNHS Board
- Assessment of the Scottish Health Boards PAFs re inequalities for Scottish Exec.Scoping study on the use of HEBS resources for Health Scotland
- Case studies on two health promoting food vans for HEBS and SCDP
- Research and design for national study on Community foodwork across Scotland for
the SCDP ("Growing Interest" publication)Evaluation of the Glasgow -East Vandalism Forum project Strathclyde Police
- Development work on Public Participation in NHS for Partners in Change /
- Research, development and production of the Glasgow Healthy City Partnership
communication and public relations strategy.
- Development, design and writing of the Glasgow Healthy City Partnership
- Development and production of guideline document on Public Involvement in the
new primary care structures for the Scottish Office.
- Chapter on Health Inequalities for EU/IUHPE book on Effectivness in Health
- Consultancy support and project design for the "Community Development and
Primary Care Teaching Pack" for Lothian Health Board.
- Conference report and support materials for the conference “Health Inequalities in
the New Scotland”. Health Education Board for Scotland.
- Community Health and the Social Economy a scoping study for CEISResearching, writing designing and producing the publication “
- City Planning for
Health and Sustainable Development” for WHO Copenhagen.
- Evaluation of community health training pack. HEBS.<.li>
David has presented papers, both keynote and workshop, at a number of local, national and international conferences and seminars. These have included conferences organised by, the Health Education Board for Scotland, the United Kingdom Public Health Alliance, The World Health Organization and the EU and IUHPE.
- 'Being All we Could Be!' an Oral History of Health Education in Scotland NHS Health Scotland.From the Cathedral to the Clyde A walk through Glasgows history.
- GCPHGrowing Interest: a taste of community growing in Scotland SCDP 2002.
Designed to involve: public involvement in the new primary care structures,Scottish Consumer Council/Scottish Office.
- 1999. Equity in Health, D Black, M Mittlemark in Effectiveness in Health PromotionIUHPE/EU 1999.
City Planning for Health and Sustainable Development, D Black, S Laughlin.WHO Copenhagen.
. Assessment of Health outside the Health Sector; D Black, P Craig, in Harris A,Need to know - A guide to needs assessment for Primary Care Led Commissioning,Churchill-Livingstone, 1997.
- The development of the Glasgow City Health Plan, D Black,In C Price, A Tsouros, Our Cities, Our Future. WHO, Copenhagen. 1996.
- Poverty and Health: Tools for Change, S Laughlin, D Black (1995): PublicHealth Trust.
o The Glasgow City Health Plan, Dr A Lyon, D Black, GHCP.
- 1995.Community Nursing in Glasgow: A Vision for the Future, D Black, Dr J Womersley, K Lockhart, GGHB.
- 1994.Glasgow's Health: Old Problems - New Opportunities, D Black, Dr J Womersley: GGHB.
Your Patients Rights to Welfare Benefits, (4 editions 91 -96) P Barry, D Black, GHCP.
- Community Development and Health: a Departmental Strategy, D Black, S Laughlin, GGHB.
- 1986. Unemployment and Health Training Pack, D Black, S Laughlin, GGHB. 1986.
- Glasgow Health of a City, D, Black, J Boswell, S Laughlin, D McKinnon and J Buchanan, POHG. 1984.