Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
In 2012, two members of HRM staff attended theScottish Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Awards Ceremony, after being proposed for an award. The nominated project was the first KTP in Scotland in human resource management, led by Dr Gill Maxwell and Dr Morag McLean from the HRM Group. It was awarded the second highest of five grades by independent U.K. assessors. Moreover, the KTP was chosen as one of six in-depth case studies (completed 2007-2012) by the ESRC to identify best practice characteristics. For further details see link: http://www.ktponline.org.uk/.
Staff work with a number of external organisations such as North and South Lanarkshire Councils; Ayrshire Council and Business Gateway.
For more information on the HRM project, or working with GCU on a KTP project, please contact Dr Gill Maxwell on +44 141 331 3191.
PSRB and Partnership Activity
The MSc HRM Suite staff work closely with HR and other professionals from local organisations to develop wider appreciation of practice and how theory links with practice. Examples of activities include:
- 16th October 2013: GSBS Professorial Public Lecture by Professor Paul Iles; "Managing the Talent"; Glasgow Caledonian University
- 26th February 2014: Guest Lecture by Professor Joyce Liddle; Head of Centre for Leadership and Strategy; Teeside Business School; 'The Need for Innovation and Design of Public Services'; Glasgow Caledonian University
- 5th March 2014: Reform of the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service - Series of Presentations by Key Staff of the Scottish Fire & Rescue Services at the West SDA Training Centre, Cambuslang (Part of the Change & Leadership Module Case Based Assessments) Facilitated by Dr K Grant, People and Organisational Development Manager and delivered by D Vincent, Director of People and Organisational Development, D Boyle, Director of Service Delivery in the West of Scotland and C Black, Group Commander
- 17th May 2014: Celebrating Faith Diversity in Glasgow; Stepping into Diversity Research Project (Lottery Funded), West of Scotland Regional Equality Council in Collaboration with Gallery of Modern Art; Tour of Places of Worship in Glasgow
- 20th May 2014: Annual HRM Careers Event involving a Guest Lecture from the head of CIPD, Scotland, a Panel Discussion with HR Practioners and the Head of CIPD, Scotland and Careers Guidance from GCU Careers Service
In addition, the MSc HRM F/T PL and Placement Tutor work closely with local organisations proving placements opportunities for students on the programme. Placements for HRM full-time students this year have been provided by the following employers:
|Forth Ports Authority||Scottish Court Service||First Scotrail Ltd|
|Hyspec Engineering||O2 Telefonica||Hovis Glasgow (Premier Foods)|
|Renfrewshire Council||Total People Solutions Ltd||G1 Group|
|Chivas Brothers||Barclay Wealth||McGills Bus Company|
|Morgan Stanley||NES, NHS Scotland||East Dunbartonshire Council|
|Cornerstone||NHS Lanarkshire||NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde|
These links have been created via student and staff networks and while the arrangement of placements continues to be challenging we remain committed to their use for MSc HRM F/T students.