As a GCU member of staff primarily engaged in research, there are workshops dedicated to your researcher development available to book here.
The Graduate School runs a formal mentoring programme for research staff. The programme runs recruitment each year from November, with mentoring pairs meeting February to August.
There are many advantages to mentoring, including:
For the mentor:
- The opportunity to develop research leadership skills
- The chance to make a positive difference to a colleague
- The experience of gaining insight into challenges faced by other researchers
For the mentee:
- The opportunity to broaden your horizons and network outside of your department
- The chance to be inspired by someone who has overcome research challenges in their career
- The experience of setting goals and gaining advice in a non-judgemental setting
If you are a member of GCU research staff and would like to apply for the mentoring scheme, either as a mentor or mentee, please use the online application form.
Other useful links can be found here.