Building on the success of our 2017 event, friends of GCU are invited to join Sir Alex Ferguson and celebrity guests at our Golf Day and Gala Dinner on the 20th July 2018.
This year’s event is being held at Mar Hall, a luxury five star hotel, golf and spa resort located 10 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. During the day, you will play golf with a star of stage, screen or sport as part of a four-ball team. Then at night, you will enjoy an evening of fine dining, entertainment and a golf awards ceremony in the company of Sir Alex and his celebrity guests. You will hear from Sir Alex himself who will be joined on stage by some special guests for a not to be missed panel discussion and you will also have the chance to win money-can’t-buy items in the charity auction.
All money raised through the event will provide a variety of scholarships, awards and educational opportunities that help talented individuals progress in life regardless of their background.
We are pleased to confirm details of our full range of packages and tickets, catering to different interests including those who are keen golfers, enjoy entertaining clients or are just looking to have a memorable day out with friends:
- Golf and Gala Dinner Group Package - £2,500 Full day package including two teams at the Golf Day (each with 3 guest players + 1 celebrity guest) and a table of ten situated in priority position at the Gala Dinner.
- Gala Dinner Group - £1,500 Table for ten guests at the Gala Dinner.
- Golf and Gala Dinner Individual - £250 Single ticket to the full day including Golf Day and Gala Dinner.
- Gala Dinner Individual - £150 Single ticket to attend the Gala Dinner only.
- Golf Individual - £120 Single ticket to participate in the Golf Day only.
If you would like to purchase a package please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 273 1014.
Support Sponsorship packages are also available, providing your guests with a day to remember as well as a range of profile raising opportunities which put your brand in front of an influential audience.
Support Sponsorship packages: £5,000
As one of our support sponsors your company will:
- Have three tickets to play golf alongside a celebrity guest
- Attend a VIP drinks reception with Sir Alex held before the Gala Dinner
- Have a photo opportunity for you and your guests to have a commemorative picture taken with Sir Alex
- Have a table for 10 guests at the Gala Dinner, located in a prime position
- Have VIP goody bags for all of your dinner guests
- Have prominent branding in the event brochure distributed to 250 guests
- Brand one of the golf prizes, with your logo displayed on screen during the Gala Dinner award ceremony
- Have branding on selected tees on the golf course
- Have your logo displayed on screen during the Gala Dinner
- Have the opportunity to provide branded merchandise or inserts for the Golf Day and Gala Dinner Goodie Bags
- Have an advert in the GCU alumni e-newsletter distributed to 50,000 people
As one of our sponsors you will also be proud to know that all proceeds from the event will be put directly towards transforming lives through education through life-changing awards.
For more information contact Nina Campbell at email@example.com or by call 0141 273 1014.
11am : Registration and BBQ Lunch
12noon : Golf Shotgun Start
7:30pm : Gala Dinner
Midnight : Carriages
Sir Alex Ferguson CBE will be joined by a number of celebrity guests making this a day and evening to remember. Confirmed guests include:
- John Hartson, BT Sport Pundit and former footballer
- Stuart Hogg, Scotland Rugby player
- James Cosmo, Actor
- Max Evans, Former Scotland Rugby Player and star of Dancing on Ice
- Thom Evans, Former Scotland Rugby Player and star of Strictly Come Dancing
- Fred MacAulay, Broadcaster and Comedian
- David May, former Manchester United player
- Stevie McCrorie, Singer
- Jim Melrose, Former Scottish Footballer
- Gordon Smith, Former Scottish Footballer
- Murdo MacLeod, Former Scottish Footballer
- Archie Knox, Former Scottish Football Coach
All funds raised through the event will be used to provide life changing opportunities to those who need it most. In the videos below, two previous beneficiaries, Jayde and James, share the stories of how the support has helped shape their future.