With the rapid expansion of the technology sector there is a high demand for graduates who can create, understand and alter electrical control systems and therefore Electrical and Electronic Engineers are in high global demand. At GCU our IET accredited degrees are developed in consultation with industry to ensure our degrees are aligned to the current industry needs and standards.
- All of our undergraduate programmes are accredited by the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) the first step on the route to students becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- All of our undergraduate programmes have the opportunity to participate in a year-long industrial placement.
- Students have the option to spend part of your studies at one of our overseas partner universities.
- Our staff have an open door policy and welcome questions from students out with scheduled lectures.
- 100% of our BEng Electrical Power Engineering students go on to work or study within 6 months.
- 95% of our MEng/BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering and MEng Electrical Power Engineering students go on to work or study within 6 months.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers are helping society and the salary they are paid reflects this. The average graduate salary is £26,146 (The Complete University Guide). With experience and working at an incorporate engineering level, this could rise to between £28,000 - £40,000. Senior Engineer salaries can be between £40,000 - £65,000.
- Electrical Engineers are in high global demand.
- The Electrical and Electronic engineering profession is built on the idea of improving systems to help humanity.
- MEng/BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- MEng/BEng (Hons) Electrical, Electronic & Energy Engineering - Level 3 entry
- MEng/BEng (Hons) Electrical Power Engineering
- MEng/BEng (Hons) Mechanical Power Plant Systems