The aim of this research is to develop a multiphase transport simulation of high viscous oil with the aid of water as an enabling medium to reduce overall pressure, with a view to investigating the slug formation in multiphase (Gas/Liquid/Liquid) flow, in bends. The objectives are as follows;
• To investigate the behaviour of multiphase flow pattern in the pipe at the bend on slug formation.
• To investigate the effect of slug formation following a in transportation of high viscous oil (liquid/liquid) through multiphase pipeline.
• Analyse the experimental results and compare with the literature data.
• To investigate the influence of pressure, viscosity and volume fraction on flow pattern.
• Evaluate existing mechanistic or empirical models with the experimental data.
• Perform 2-D or 3-D CFD modelling of oil-water flow using the commercial Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) package ANYSYS fluent.
On the one hand, this study includes investigating the influence of pressure, viscosity and volume fraction in transportation of high viscous oil (liquid/liquid) through multiphase pipeline.