There are many different ways of finding out about graduate opportunities, so it is important for you to identify and research those websites that will provide the best jobs for you. This means that you will need to select the ones that will really work for you. Alongside graduate websites you will also find a range of other websites that can advertise specialist or general positions. For some of these you may need to register or upload your CV, so it is important that you understand any terms or conditions that are set out by these organisations.
Remember that employers often advertise graduate jobs on their own websites, and you can also find suitable opportunities through recruitment agencies - we have provided a guide with further advice on this. Networking at careers events or at one of our frequent Career Conversations can also help you to identify suitable opportunities. And don’t forget that many opportunities are not advertised, so speculative applications can also work for you.
CareerHub@GCU is where you will find hundreds of graduate jobs, placements, internships and part-time jobs. Make this the first graduate website that you sign up for!
- CareerHub@GCU - you may have opted-in to access CareerHub when you registered as a student at the start of term - if so, click on the link to view these job opportunities, and use your GCU student login. If you didn't opt in as part of registration it only takes a couple of minutes to register!
If you would like to discuss your job search strategy, you can make an appointment for a Careers Clinic - follow the link to our online booking system on our homepage.
Graduate Vacancy Websites
- HigherEd Talent - in partnership with GCU Careers Service and Glasgow School for Business and Society, this global careers portal offers hundreds of job opportunities.
- Prospects - A graduate careers website offering information on internships, graduate jobs, further study and advice.
- Scot Grad - Offers opportunities to work on a short-term project with an established business or social enterprise in Scotland.
- Graduate Step - Bringing business and graduates together.
- Target Jobs - Search for graduate jobs, internships, news articles and advice.
- Inside Careers - Graduate vacancies in Business and Management, City and Finance, Engineering and Technology.
- Milkround - Information on graduate schemes, jobs, internships & placements.
- Graduate Recruitment Bureau - Graduate employment and internship opportunities around the UK.
- Gradcracker (Technology & Engineering)
- KTP (Knowledge Transfer Partnership) - A programme for graduates offering fixed term employment in a partnership between businesses and universities.
- Debut - an app for Android & IoS featuring hundreds of internship and graduate opportunities. Employers regularly advertising on Debut include: Arcadia; Barclays; Deutsche Bank; Enterprise; FDM; HSBC; Microsoft.
- AllAboutCareers.com - Free advice and guidance on a variety of careers, and a source of placements, internships and graduate jobs.
- Magnet.me - one of the UK's largest graduate job sites, offering internships, placements and graduate jobs.
Placements & Internships
If you are looking for a graduate job abroad, then opportunities and relevant information may depend on whether you are currently an international student or graduate or whether you are a UK or European national.
- As an international student you can find tips for international students seeking to work abroad on TargetJobs. Visa regulations can be complex so make sure that you check these out for any country that you are considering. In addition, the UK Council for International Affairs (UKCISA) is a very good source of visa information.
- The following websites are a useful starting point, along with researching country specific information:
Graduateland - Connecting students and graduates to employers around the world offering internships, jobs, and graduate programmes
Working Abroad - Prospects has 28 country profiles and also gives vacancy websites.
Study, Work Create - Part of the British Council, focusing on opening up international opportunities for young people and professionals from all over the UK.
GradLink - Graduate jobs in India, China, Africa, Canada and ASEAN (South East Asia including Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand).
Eures - European job mobility portal.
BBC Country Profiles - Political and economic information for countries around the word.
Global Guide to Culture, Customs and Etiquette
Jobs.ac.uk - A useful Working Overseas section featuring Country Guides and vacancies.
Careers in Africa
Zhaopin - Focuses on overseas graduate recruitment and overseas talent recruitment. They provide professional online and recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) services to help clients target, attract and select talent with overseas background. They are dedicated to bringing back high flying graduates to China and helping organisations to tap into the overseas talent market.
Grad Malaysia - Malaysian graduate jobs, internships and advice.
Grad Singapore - Graduate jobs and internships in Singapore.
Please arrange an appointment with a careers consultant if you would like to discuss your global job search.