Here are some tips on getting the most from your experience:
- Think about what you want to gain from the experience. Are there any skills in particular that you want to work on?
- Keep a diary of your experience. This will show you how much you are learning and help you decide what you want to achieve next.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions from your colleagues and managers, they will be happy to share their knowledge with you.
- Note down specific examples of your work as you go. This will be very useful when it comes to writing application forms and at interviews.
- Remember that all work experience is good work experience. Even if you have a part-time job that doesn’t directly relate to your area of study, you will be learning invaluable transferable skills.