The event went extremely well and I was pleased with the turn out that came and spoke to my colleagues. In total, I would guess at around 70-80 students came to ask for more information regarding the process. We spoke to a number of others sitting around the stand also, so numbers probably are closer to 150-200 students throughout the day.
GCU Employer Engagement Team would like to update you on a new approach to employer campus visits we launched in 2015, called "Career Conversations”, and invite you to participate in the series.
The activity offers graduate employers the opportunity to host a series of "career conversations” with our students. These take the form of informal drop-in sessions in the heart of campus. Employers can discuss their job opportunities and recruitment practices with students and explore a range of employability topics, work experience and career options. Students can drop in for one to one conversations or in small groups.
We have increasingly found that traditional employer presentations have a lukewarm response from our students and feedback from employers who have participated in the new programme have found the more flexible and informal arrangement worked very well. When recruiters are visibly located in the heart of campus with branded display stands, students of all years are drawn over to explore. Student attendance at employer events has increased by over 200% since the conversations were introduced.
Why host a Career Conversation
• Benefit from professional business advice and expertise to help target your recruitment
• Raise your profile with future graduate talent
• Discuss your job opportunities and what's happening in your company/industry
• Enjoy the informal environment and increased visibility of this easy way of working, bring a display stand if you want
• If your company is not actively recruiting, a CC is a fantastic way of helping our students to learn about job roles, work experience and indisustry as part of their preparation for graduate working life
• CC's run throughout the month of November, taking place on a Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12noon until 2pm and are free of charge
If you would like more information about our Career Conversation Series please email Donna Cooper.