GCU and Santander are offering an exciting opportunity for SMEs to take advantage of part-funded 3-10 week internships
- The programme offers SMEs (fewer than 250 employees & a turnover of less than £50m) the opportunity to employ a student or graduate on a fixed term project identified by you. The internship must be for a minimum of 3 weeks and a maximum of 10 weeks.
- Santander will provide matched funding through the University (50% of the costs) per week towards the intern’s salary with the remaining cost to be met by the company. Santander’s funding will be capped at £1,531.50.
- Internships can be in any field or sector.
- All current students and recent graduates are eligible to apply.
- All placements are based on a standard 35 hour week. Part-time roles are acceptable on a pro-rata basis.
- Wage is always equivalent to or will exceed the UK living wage.
- SMEs should advertise internship job profiles on GCU’s Vacancy Service, which is accessed by graduates (up to two years) and current students.
- Interns submit their CVs for positions and are chosen by the business offering the internship.