Careers Clinic (15 minutes):
For quick career enquiries that will focus on:
- Sections of your CV, covering letter, application, personal statement or LinkedIn profile
- Understanding aspects of the recruitment process ( applications, interview techniques, assessment centres and tests)
- Part-time, internship and placement job search
- Change of course or withdrawal
Please be realistic about what can be discussed during a 15 minute clinic session.
Careers Appointment (45 minutes):
These can be used to explore your career options and for in-depth discussions on:
- Detailed review of only one of: CV, covering letter, application, personal statement or LinkedIn profile. Please bring a paper copy to your appointment.
- Career planning and decision making
- Further study, including postgraduate options and applications
- Graduate job search and recruitment process
- Work and Study abroad
Practice Interview (45 minutes):
Designed to give you the chance to practice your interview skills and receive feedback to help you prepare for the real thing. You will be asked to email your CV or application as a Word document at least 3 working days in advance of the appointment, along with the relevant job description.
Please check regularly as appointments will become available immediately when appointments are added by careers advisers, or when students cancel.
If you have graduated within the last two years and wish to speak to a careers adviser, please visit the Campus Life Desk on level 1 of the George Moore Building or email email@example.com
Desk Opening Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Career Conversations are unique to GCU. They offer a new way of learning from employers in an informal and relaxed setting and there is no need to sign-up. You can come on your own or with a few others who have the same questions or interests. Career Conversations are ideal for you talk with employers to:
- Discuss internships, graduate jobs and other opportunities
- Find out what’s happening in the employer’s industry
- Get advice on how to get relevant work experience
- Learn about recruitment processes