Talented Athlete Support Programme
The Talented Athlete Support Programme operates in partnership with Glasgow University and Strathclyde University. The programme has been designed to assist the University's most talented/promising athletes in developing their sporting potential whilst studying at the University.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from all students who will be fully matriculated at Glasgow Caledonian University. Applicants must have reached or demonstrated a high level of competition to be considered for the programme. Athletes should be competing at least at national level in their chosen sport and must show potential to compete at a higher level. Previous recipients must apply on a yearly basis and will be treated in the same manner as new applicants.
What can the programme offer?
The programme is not wholly concerned with offering financial assistance to selected students although this may form an integral part of the programme. The intention is to offer a balanced programme consisting of the following:
- Free access to training facilities at Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow University and Strathclyde University
- Access to qualified strength training coaches
- Access to qualified sports nutritionist
- Access to physiotherapy
- Access to sports psychology
- Access to sports massage
- Financial Assistance for the costs involved in training and competition (awards vary £100 - £500)
The Application Process
- Download and complete the Talented Athlete Application Form or pick one up from ARC reception.
- Completed forms must be submitted by Monday 31 October 2017.
- All applications are considered and then the most promising applicants are asked to attend a short interview to discuss their application
- Once all interviews have been held, applicants will be informed as to whether they have been successful with their application.
For further information please e-mail: email@example.com