Glasgow Caledonian University leads the way in widening access to higher education.
As part of the University’s mission to promote the common good, we work with schools, children and families in the community to raise educational aspirations in young people and their families.
Did you know?
- 97% of our students come from state schools, compared to 88% in Scottish sector
- 73% of our undergraduates are first in family to attend University
- 34% from social classes 4-7, compared to a Scottish sector average of 27%
- 20% of Scottish entrants come from the lowest quintile of Multiple Deprivation, compared to a sector average of 12%
- 18% of entrants articulate from 25 of Scotland’s colleges
- 12% come directly from schools across Scotland with the least progression to university