Our Strategic Goals
- Internationally networked: we will deliver excellence, competitiveness, and cultural diversity through new models of international collaborations with key partners in Scotland and around the world to extend our reach in education, research and development.
- Excellence in education: we will equip our students with the skills to excel in their chosen professions and succeed as global graduates and citizens through high-quality, flexible and accessible learning which harnesses the latest learning technologies. We will deliver curricula and associated learning opportunities which will attract international recognition for the attributes and employability of our graduates and ensure an outstanding student experience.
- Excellence in research: we will develop our key strengths, applying our research and transferring our knowledge and expertise through partnerships to provide solutions for business and society. We will strategically invest in world class applied research to meet the requirements of national and international benchmarks that will confirm the standing and quality of our research output.
- Delivering for business and the public sector: we will build on our existing approaches and employ new models of partnership with business and the public sector to ensure we are responsive to their need for high quality, flexible and accessible education for employees and for relevant R&D and knowledge transfer in a changing global economy. We will continue to offer valuable work-based experience and a programme of internships for our students and to foster a culture of enterprise and entrepreneurialism.
- Valuing our people: we will leverage the talent and commitment of our University community to enable our students, staff and alumni to fulfil their potential and contribute to our vision.
- Committed to the common good: we will direct our expertise and creativity to enhance the social, cultural and economic contribution the University makes to the communities we serve in our City of Glasgow, our region, our nation and around the world
Underpinning our strategy and goals is a focus on ensuring our long-term sustainability, which will enable the University to remain competitive in order to succeed in a challenging external context. We have developed three strands of sustainability: academic, financial and environmental.
We will renew our academic profile to build on our strengths and to shift the balance of our offerings towards postgraduate education. Whilst maintaining our commitment to undergraduate excellence we will focus on enhancing advanced learning opportunities, creating new methods of delivering through learning technologies, increasing our learning partnerships and professional networks, and building on our focussed research excellence.
We will support our academic development by embedding a programme of operational excellence to ensure that professional services and delivery mechanisms are efficient and effective, providing best value for money and meeting our customers’ needs. Within the University, this will encourage a culture of continuous improvement and ongoing business process review and cultivate a partnership approach between central services and academic schools.
We will improve our financial sustainability by reducing our dependence on public funding and increasing our income from other sources through a strategic focus on reducing our costs whilst employing our new model of delivering for growth.
We will implement our campus master plan to provide an enabling educational environment for our students, staff and partners. In taking forward the development of our master plan we will build on our achievements in promoting environmental sustainability and the commitments we have made in our carbon management plan.