Fees & Funding
2011/2012 Research Fees:
- University funded Research Student Nil
- EU External sponsored full time £3732
- EU External sponsored part-time £1550
- Overseas full-time £10700
- Overseas part time £5350
- Six weeks Full Time degree £8000
- Staff Nil
- ‘Writing Up’ Fee £200
- Professional Doctorate Learning Contract £3100
- Professional Doctorate Other £3100
- Professional Doctorate Other Overseas £4225
*Offshore (non-EU) students are those who attend the university for six weeks per annum, the minimum time required under the university regulations. They register on a part-time basis.
Students interested in pursuing research in a specific subject, on either a full-time or part-time basis, may approach departments directly to discuss possibilities. Alternatively, you can download a research application form or obtain one from the Admissions Office.
We encourage part-time study, particularly in collaboration with employers, and have been involved in Teaching Company Schemes. We also collaborate with various industrial, professional, commercial and educational establishments in the Glasgow area, the UK and overseas.
Awards for full-time international research students
The Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORSAS) can provide awards for partial remission of tuition fees to full-time international postgraduate research students of outstanding merit and research potential.