Exchange Opportunities from outwith the EU
It was such a beneficial learning experience, even though we shared different cultures, countries and languages, in time we found we were much more alike than different. I left with great friendships from around the world that will continue in the future."Exchange Student, Canada
If you are a student at a non-EU university with which we have an exchange agreement, you can apply to spend a semester or a year with us. Normally, exchange students do not have to pay fees. If you want to visit us as an exchange student, the application process is through your home university Study Abroad Office or International Programs Office.
The application process
Your home institution will help you to choose modules you will study at Glasgow Caledonian from our Module Catalogue. These can then be taken back and credited towards your degree. They will also advise you about completing our exchange and accommodation forms. Please note: we cannot guarantee on-campus accommodation, so the earlier you apply the better. The exchange application form will be sent to our Exchange & Study Abroad Office to be processed. When we receive confirmation of your studies from the Academic School, an acceptance letter will be posted to your home address.
- Trimester calendar
- GCU Accommodation
- Credits: Students at GCU study 3 modules per semseter. Each module is worth 20 SCOTCAT credits which is equivalent to 10 ECTS.
Application form and visa details
- Exchange Application Form – available from your home institution’s International Office
- UKBA - Do you need a UK visa?
- International Student Support Services
Exchange application deadlines
- Trimester 1 (12 September 2016 – 18 January 2017): 3 June 2016
- Trimester 2 (16 January – 10 May 2017): 4 November 2016
For any further information or help with your exchange arrangements, please contact us.