Online Password Reset Service and Password Expiry Notifications
Over the next few weeks Information Services will be implementing a new service to allow online password resets.
This new service will enable you to reset your domain (GCU network logon) password from anywhere, all you require is an Internet Browser and access to the internet. Meaning you will now be able to reset your password from your home computer, your laptop, mobile phone or tablet.
To use the facility you will first have to register online. You will be asked to login with your current GCU username and password and then provide answers to 4 security questions which will be used in the future to confirm your identity.
When the new password reset service goes live you will start to receive email notifications letting you know when your GCU password is about to expire. You will start to receive these emails 14 days before your domain password expires, giving you plenty of time to go online and reset it.
Further information on this new facility will be released next week. However, in the meantime if you have any questions or queries, please contact the IT Helpdesk on Ext 1234 or 0141 273 1234.
Further information is detailed below, or alternatively you can download the PDF user guide here Online password reset user guide.
New Password Reset service
There are two steps to follow when using this service:
- First, you need to register for the service. Visit here https://pwreg.gcal.ac.uk/default.aspx and log in with your current domain password.
- If you do not know your current domain password, please call the IT Helpdesk on 0141 273 1234.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and submit answers to the security questions; your answers must comply with the security criteria detailed on the 'Register your Answers' page. You must remember these answers as you'll be asked to confirm them when you need to reset your password.
- You only need to register once.
- When you need to reset your domain password, visit here https://pwreset.gcal.ac.uk/default.aspx and enter your GCU username.
- Answer the security questions displayed and click Next
- Enter and confirm a new password; your new password must match our password security criteria.
- Click Next to complete the process.
- Your new domain password will be used to access all systems listed at the top of this page