Research Day 2016
Friday June 10 2016, noon – 5.30pm, The Arc, Glasgow Caledonian University
Join us for Research Day 2016, a celebration of GCU’s research excellence.
The showcase will comprise of a central exhibition area and a range of guest speakers, reflecting GCU’s unique research strengths. As the University for the Common Good, GCU’s research addresses three major societal challenges, enabling communities in the UK and internationally to build Inclusive Societies and live Healthy Lives in Sustainable Environments.
Guest speakers include:
- Bryan Buchan, Chief Executive of Scottish Engineering;
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde R&D Director Julie Brittenden;
- Social entrepreneur Mel Young, President of the Homeless World Cup, which takes place in Glasgow this summer.
There will also be an exhibition showcase of work including:
- Public health research and the management of long-term conditions such as stroke, arthritis and viral hepatitis;
- The Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health, which is researching the impact of social business and microfinance provision on the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities in Scotland and internationally;
- Research to improve urban environments and efficient systems, including with business partners such as SPT, ScotRail, Doble Engineering and EDF;
- The WiSE Research Centre, which has significant impact in promoting and making visible women’s contribution to boosting the economy;
- The Moffat Centre for Travel and Tourism Business Development, which undertakes research in tourism, economic impact evaluation, feasibility analysis and investment appraisal, and provides the UK’s most detailed analysis of annual visitor attraction performance;
- The day will finish with a 3 Minute Thesis competition for PhD students.