Academic Research Development
Academic Research Development (ARD) is a central University function focused on supporting the development of research activity at GCU.
The Director of ARD, Professor John Marshall works closely with the Vice Principal and Pro-Vice Chancellor of Research, Institute Directors and Associate Deans of Research in Schools, and the Graduate School in seeking to enhance the University’s research environment and infrastructure.
The key responsibilities of ARD are as follows:
- Provision of expert advice and resources to the University Research Committee in relation to current developments in the external research strategy and policy landscape
- Development of the University’s research information management systems infrastructure to support the implementation of research strategy and policy
- Supporting the generation of case studies demonstrating the external impact of the University’s research
- Preparation planning and guidance in relation to the University submission to the periodic Research Excellence Framework
- Overseeing the implementation and review of the CREDO Framework for Research Staff Development to assist in enhancing the quality of the research environment