Below is the full list of funded PhD opportunities available across Glasgow Caledonian University.
Glasgow School for Business and Society - Studentships
- Developing nursing leaders for the future through social innovation – the case of Bangladesh - The GCU Common Good PhD Scholarship
- Examining the importance of trust and security amongst vulnerable financial consumers
- The political economy of care
- Brexit and the implications for economic development in Scotland
- Sustainable fashion business models that appeal to young fashion consumers
GCU London - Studentships
- Exploring and understanding the meaning and significance of hijab: Identity, fashion and ‘well-being’ in the age of islamophobia
School of Engineering and Built Environment - Studentships
- Treatment technology for removing persistent pollutants from water resources - expected start date May/June 2017
- Multicore implementation of signal and machine learning algorithms for fall detection and health activity monitoring - expected start date May/June 2017
- Occurrence and fate of emerging contaminants – determining spatial and temporal trends using modelling and monitoring techniques
- Computer games to support arm rehabilitation after stroke - The GCU Common Good PhD Scholarship
- Control and protection of AC/DC distribution power network with distributed generations and energy storage systems
- The unintended consequences of “improved” social housing on the health and wellbeing of an aging population
School of Health and Life Sciences - Studentships
- Optimising the rehabilitation and recovery of people with aphasia - application closing date is 17 April 2017. Expected start date June 2017.
- Comparative analysis of the gut and skin microbiome population from diabetic patients on different drug regimes - application closing date is 17 April 2017.
- Motivational interviewing to prevent foot ulcer recurrence in diabetes
- Development and initial evaluation of an accessible record to optimise participation of stroke survivors with aphasia in the goal setting process
- Exercise participation for people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Identification of novel biomarkers of ocular surface inflammation and retinopathy in patients with diabetes
- Compensatory hyperinsulinaemia in type 2 diabetes: targeting mitochondrial cholesterol metabolism using microRNA
- Molecular characterisation of novel candidate genes for spinal muscular atrophy
- Harnessing the dynamic interplay of lifestyle behaviours (sleep, sedentary behaviour, physical activity) for health promotion using compositional data analysis
- Evaluating the impact of global guidelines on programmes of infection, prevention and control
- An exploration of the influence of alcohol on memory for traumatic events
- Exploring the potential impact of the UK’s first safe injecting facility on public injecting and related harms
- Controlling African bodies – the role of African communities in the policy process – the case of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Policy in Scotland: - The GCU Common Good PhD Scholarship - Studentship closed - under offer
Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health - Studentships
- Homeless World Cup legacy project
- Assessing the impact of ‘Sing for Hope’ on health and well-being
- Healthy finances, healthy lives? The financial management strategies of people with low incomes
- Preference reversals: a new interface between health economics and serious game techniques and technologies
Key dates and links
- The start date for studentships is 1 October 2017, unless otherwise stated.
- Application closing date for studentship projects – now extended to 10 April 2017*
- Find out more about the application process.
* Please note this amended date supersedes any closing date displayed on the project documents