Equality and Diversity
GCU is committed to maintaining a culture and environment which is inclusive of all sections of society and responsive to the needs of individuals. We do this by:
- Supporting all our students and staff - irrespective of personal characteristic or circumstance - to achieve his or her maximum potential;
- Embracing difference in decision-making and approach
- Acting with integrity in all our relations and interactions
- Being fair and transparent in all that we do.
Download our Progress Report
GCU’s Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) Report, published in April 2015, demonstrates the progress we have made in mainstreaming equality across University functions and implementing our Equality Outcomes Framework.
- View the PSED report online
- Download the PSED report in .pdf format
- Equality and Diversity key facts
Our Dignity at Work and Study Policy highlights the University’s aim to be an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, equality is promoted, and diversity is valued, and outlines the rights and responsibilities associated with this commitment. The University is committed to tackling discrimination and harassment, and all staff and students have a responsibility to support this. Further information including Harassment Contacts can be found in GCYou: Equality & Support.
Your Diversity Champion
Equality and Diversity Champions will be helping to ensure that our commitment to equality and diversity is realised at a School and Directorate level, by working with senior management teams to implement local action plans that complement the overall GCU approach.
For additional information, or to have your questions answered contact: Adrian Lui, Equality and Diversity Advisor on 0141 273 1356.