Ok, I'm a student now. Can you help me with my money?
- Get your first student loan payment.
- Get your first grant or other bursary payment.
- Manage your money and learn to budget with advice about managing your money.
- Look for a part-time job.
- Find out more about studying and money on the money pages.
- Find out if you are eligible for Council tax exemption.
- Don't forget to check if you need a TV licence.
- Make sure that you have all your belongings covered by adequate insurance. Most companies have low cost schemes for students. Check with your parents as their policy may cover your belongings.
- On first arrival in Glasgow, you will have initial outgoings, for example, you may need to pay a deposit for your accommodation, buy a travel card and stock up on supplies. Try out our Money Manager for help with budgeting and managing your money