What do I need to know about Computerstuff?
What's the difference between a tutorial and a lecture?
Find out more about Learning and Teaching @GCU.
When do I get my timetable?
You can have a look at your timetables online - Provisional timetables are available two weeks before the start of classes. Remember to check back before you come in! You can search by modules or programmes.
And now off to the grand tour of the campus. Where should I go first?
- Start to use the Library in the Saltire Centre – the web pages tell you all about the opening hours, and what you can find and do there. You will find The Base on level 0. Student Administration Services (SAS) desk is also on Saltire level 0, but moves to M201, George Moore Building during the main registration period 29 August to 14 September 2012.
After all that walking, where can I sit down and have a cuppa or a bite to eat?
- Try out the Refectory (Hamish Wood Building)
- Fancy a coffee? There are several places on campus: The Learning Café (Costa Coffee), Refectory (Hamish Wood Building), Govan Mbeki basement (Costa Coffee) and the Saltire Centre.
Is there any online help for my studies?
- Get ready for your first Coursework - go through the site and find out about good writing, presentations, citing references and much more.
- Exams - lots of really useful information and advice about every aspect of exams, from start to finish – right through to getting the results.
- Finding information - for your studies and courseworks
- Computerstuff - Lots of useful FAQs about IT systems and services at Caledonian.
- Money pages - information and advice on the money-related aspects of being a student.
- Learning Development Centres - offer academic support and guidance throughout the year.
- ICT skills - offer baseline materials, ICT skills self evaluation, sample assessments and much more.