The Digital Development and Information Literacy team covers:
- Maintenance and upgrading of the Library Management System (LMS)
- Maintenance and upgrading of the library web site
- Maintenance and upgrading of SMILE (Study Methods and Information Literacy Exemplars), our online information literacy training package for undergraduates
- Maintenance and upgrading of PILOT (Postgraduate Information Literacy Online Tutorial), our online information literacy training package for postgraduates and researchers
- Working with the Academic Liaison team to promote and implement information literacy teaching
- The Spoken Word project
- Maintenance, upgrading and promotion of the Spoken Word/GCU Store repository
- Digital encoding, curation, access and preservation of other audiovisual materials. Web access also includes provision of tools to embed timed media in other web environments, including GCU Learn. Our focus is on bringing spoken word audio and video into the classroom for learning and teaching. Teachers in our community of practice build collections based on their teaching and research interests. We currently have several hundred hours of audio/video available for educational use. We have an increasing amount of non-BBC content available, including audio recordings from the Glasgow Centre for Population Health events and Glasgow Caledonian University Archives Witness Seminars.
- GCU Store - our repository development supporting a wider range of learning and teaching materials.
How can I add items to GCU Store?
- Is the item a BBC programme or your own media file?
- If it is a BBC programme, please provide as much detail as you can about it and we will order it directly from the BBC in digital format. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 273 1249
- If it is your own file, check that you have copyright clearance to use it.
- Then supply it in the highest quality format available, such as the original file from digital recorder or the original DVD. You can either:
- bring the item to us in person (we are in the Staff area on Level 1 of the Saltire Centre)
- use the new DDIL dropbox.
- You can open this by copying this link:
- or smb://citstaff.enterprise.gcal.ac.uk/Staff_Space$/DDT_Incoming (if you are using a Mac)
- Open Windows explorer (from the start button on your computer) and click Documents.
- Paste the link into the directory box at the top of the window.
- Email us with any further information that we may need to process the item efficiently, such as a full title and information on the author or creator.
- contact us for more information on how to deposit your file.
- We will then process it, add it to GCU Store and send you a link which you can use in GCU Learn.
How can I use Spoken Word Project and other resources?
If you want to get involved, please visit our contact page.