If you need an item for your coursework, teaching or research, and we don't have it in stock, you can request it through our inter-library loan (ILL) service, Clio.
For requests for UK theses, please search the Ethos database at http://ethos.bl.uk/ (more information is on their frequently asked questions, FAQs page)
Requesting an inter-library loan
- Before you make a request, check our catalogue (for books) or our serials system (for journals), the Mitchell Library and other local university catalogues. You might be able to consult the item in a library nearby.
- Students need authorisation from their lecturer. (Some Schools need staff requests to be authorised too - check with your library representative.)
- You can normally borrow an item for 3 weeks with an automatic extension for a further 3 weeks. However if the British Library asks us to return it immediately we must do so or risk losing our right to borrow.
- If you are a Midwifery student on a distance learning course, enter Midwifery Department Office, GCU as your address.
How to use Clio:
- Log in using your University username and password. The first time that you use the system, you need to complete the registration for a new Inter-library loan account. The system will not work unless you do this.
- Click on the following link to log in - https://libill.gcal.ac.uk/clioweb/Login.aspx
- STUDENTS must fill in Supervisor name and Supervisor email details
- Click Create Account
- You are now ready to make a request!
Problems? Phone 0141-273 1200 or 0141-273 1194, or email firstname.lastname@example.org