- What are the findings?
- State briefly in your own words
- Summarises key discussion points.
- Have the authors discussed their findings in relation to other research and their own original aims?
- Have the authors mentioned limitations of their study and what are they?
- Have you identified any additional limitations?
- Have the authors given recommendations for general practice, this is acceptable if you think the findings are transferable or generalisable?
- Summarise any recommendations.
- Have the authors mentioned the need for future research and what form should it take? Summarise.
Overall view of research
- Briefly state what you thought of this as a piece of research and why.
- How could this research be used in practice.
Written by Lesley Whyte, Angela Poat, Louise James, Rosemary Whyte and edited by Marion Kelt