The authors need to explain in detail how they collected the data:
- where it occurred and the influences this may have on the credibility of the data.
- the influence of the researchers on the data gathered
- how it was collected, the influences on the participants and the data. For example, taping, interpretation, and recall.
- member checking of raw data, that is, was it taken back to the participants for verification.
- How does all this affect the research?
Back to: Ethical issues
Next: Data analysis, findings and Discussion issues