- Summarise the ethical issues addressed by the researcher
- Have the authors addressed all the ethical issues such as:
- informed consent, anonymity, confidentiality, beneficence, and maleficence
- data protection
- ethics committee approval?
- How does this affect the study?
- Are there any ethical issues not addressed?
- Brief description of the methods used to collect data
- Did the authors develop data collection tools specifically for this study, if so, how were they created and were they tested in a pilot study?
- Qualitative data : usually interviews, observation, diaries, historical data or videos.
- Quantitative data : usually questionnaires, scales, treatments, or physiological measures.
Next: Data analysis