- official-documents the official reference facility for Command Papers, House of Commons Papers and key Departmental papers. Details are listed below:
- Command Papers derive their name from the fact that a Government minister presents them to Parliament "by Command of Her Majesty". The Papers are numbered consecutively and the current series takes the prefix Cm.
- House of Commons Papers (HCPs) are a large and varied body of documents, many of which have familiar titles, although few appreciate that they form part of this series. They are numbered consecutively in a series which starts with each new Parliamentary session.
- Using this website you can read the HCPs which originate in Government departments. Many of these are annual reports and accounts concerning a wide range of public bodies, including virtually every executive agency.
- For procedural reasons a number of reports from major inquiries are also published in this series, including The Report of the Inquiry into the Circumstances Surrounding the Death of Dr David Kelly CMG (more commonly known as the Hutton Report).
- Other important papers sponsored by Government departments are classified as "Other Papers". For instance, The Annual Report of Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Schools 2003/04, sponsored by the Secretary of State for Education and Skills, is included here.
- Official documents archives. Selected Command and House papers from 1994 to April 2005 were previously available on two separate, archive websites. To simplify matters, we have expanded the Advanced Search on this website to include these papers. Simply use the advanced seach as normal, and select the "1994 to April 2005 Results" to access the archive material.
The Scottish Parliament: - Official Report - Meetings of the Parliament The Official Report is the full and authoritative written report of proceedings in the Scottish Parliament, including debates on motions and bills, ministerial statements, question time, First Minister's question time, committee inquiries and evidence sessions.
The Scottish Parliament: - Research Briefings Research briefings are written by research specialists in the Scottish Parliament Information Centre (SPICe). SPICe research briefings are for use by MSPs in support of parliamentary business in the Committees and in the Chamber and are always impartial.
UK Parialment research publications
Commons Library Research Papers Research papers are compiled for the benefit of British Members of Parliament by the staff of the House of Commons Library. They are an occasional series of papers, numbered by year and sequence of publication, and usually deal with topics of current parliamentary interest. They aim to be politically impartial and contain factual information as well as a range of opinions on each subject covered.
Commons Library Standard Notes Standard notes are topical briefings prepared by the House of Commons Library for Members of Parliament and which may be of wider interest.
- Lords Library Notes Research notes on subjects of current interest, compiled for Lords by the staff of the House of Lords Library.
- UK Parliamentary publications and records Browse the latest published Parliamentary papers, including transcripts of all debates in Hansard and all recent committee reports. View research material produced by the parliamentary libraries.You can also access older electronic papers where available or find out how to access the archives of the House of Lords and House of Commons