- Construction Information Service Industry and technical information for the construction industry with full text documents, current regulations and related news and briefings.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHSIS) Key health & safety information for the workplace.
- British Standards Online (BSOL) Full text of current draft and historical standards and more than 16.000 BSI adopted European and international standards. Search here for Eurocodes.
- ISURV- RICS guidance including official guidance, forms and case studies and the Red Book (RICS appraisal and valuation standards) Get password from the journals list, Serials Solutions.
- BCIS Building Information Service BCIS provides up to date detailed building cost information, including cost analysis and tender price information. No password needed. Available on campus only
- BCIS online Rates database
- Digimap Online maps and spatial data of Great Britain. Ordnance survey collection and historic digimap
Building Standards, regulations and technical handbooks
- Scottish Government- Building Standards Scottish Ministers are responsible for Building Standards in Scotland, creating Building Regulations and preparing technical guidance to ensure buildings are safe, efficient and sustainable for all.
- The Technical Handbooks provide guidance on achieving the standards set in the Building (Scotland) Regulations 2004 and are available in two volumes, for Domestic buildings and for Non-domestic buildings. The current 2010 edition applies from October 1, 2010. Also in the Construction Information database - see Quick links.
- Building Regulations (for England) are in the Planning Portal and also available through the Construction Information Service database