Finding journal articles
To help you find quality and scholarly journal articles on a subject we subscribe to databases. They can search many journals at the same time and by subject.
- Compendex (Engineering Village). This is a major engineering database, covering civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical, chemical and general engineering. includes engineering journal articles, technical reports and conference proceedings. Some links to full-text.
- Proquest Central Covers business, social sciences as well as science, construction, design and engineering. Includes newspaper and magazine articles. Most links are to full-text articles.
- Science Direct A large database covering a wide range of subjects including engineering, energy and environmental sciences, social sciences and business.
- Web of knowledge A large database covering both sciences and social sciences, including the science, social sciences and conference proceedings citation indexes for finding out who has cited each article
Other Useful Databases
- ICE Virtual Library Institution of Civil Engineers. Full text of every peer reviewed technical paper since 1836.
- Emerald Access to full text journals and reviews from the top management journals.
- Iconda International Construction database
- Building Law Reports Collection of building law reports and case decisions. Get password from Our Journals Collection, Serials Solutions.
- IEEE Xplore Access to materials published by the IEEE and IET.
You can also find journal articles using Discover.
Our single search system which searches our books, eBooks, journal content and selected other resources. Do not use Internet Explorer to search Discover, use Firefox or Google Chrome.