You are not allowed to copy images from the internet unless it specifically says so on the website. this is plagiarism - see the plagiarism section on SMILE for more information.
However, the following services provide images which you are allowed to use in your work.
- Centre for Bioscience imagebank Freely available images contributed by academics, researchers, Learned Societies, industry and individuals with rights cleared for educational purposes.
- Edication image gallery Thousands of copyright-cleared images from selected major image archives, for UK educational use.
- SpringerImages A database of scientific images, including photos, graphs, figures and tables. On-campus access only.
Other image sources
- Anatomy TV a useful image databank providing 3D anatomical pictures. They can be rotated and layers can be removed to expose underlying structures. Useful guide and tutorials on how to use effectively are provided. A password is needed off campus.
- E-anatomy database Human anatomy: medical imaging and illustrations. You can only use this on campus.
- JISC Digital Media - Still images, moving images and sound advice. Exists to help the UK’s FE and HE communities embrace and maximise the use of digital media.
- Moving image gallery Websites relating to moving images and sound materials. Provided by the British Universities Film Video Council.