The Institute for Applied Health Research brings together research excellence across the University to consolidate our success in attracting major grants, further develop collaborations with partners within Scotland and internationally, and work with end-users in the public and private sectors.
Established in 2009, the Institute is:
- Building on existing strengths, with an emphasis on applied health research;
- Advancing knowledge and influencing policy and practice through high quality research;
- Facilitating cross-disciplinary approaches to research;
- Generating fresh thinking, nurturing creative ideas and exploiting new opportunities for funding;
- Hosting a range of events including a research seminar series, a programme of master classes and an international visitor exchange
The Institute works closely with the Institute for Society and Social Justice Research, the Centre for Social History and Healthcare and the Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health.