Lecturer, Vision Sciences
- PhD in Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University
- MSc Clinical Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- FAAO Fellowship Examination, American Academy of Optometry
- AOM, SFOF School of Optometry, Berlin, Germany
- UK (General Optical Council)
- Corneal structure in health and disease
- Corneal transplantation
- Biofilm formation on contact lenses
- Member of the Diabetes Research Group, Institute for Applied Health Research, GCU
- Postdoctoral Researcher at the Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow
- Visiting Researcher at the Instituto Universitario de Oftalmobiología Aplicada (IOBA), University of Valladolid, Spain
- Lecturer in Vision Sciences
- Programme Leader MSc “Clinical Ophthalmology & Vision Research”
- Co-ordinator PG course “Ocular Therapeutics”
- Clinical Supervisor in Vision Sciences at GCU
- Jonuscheit S, Doughty MJ, Ramaesh K . Assessment of a variable frame (polygonal) method to estimate corneal endothelial cell counts after corneal transplantation. Eye (Lond). 2012;26:803-9.
- Doughty MJ, Jonuscheit S, Button NF. Assessment of the reliability of endothelial cell-density estimates in the presence of pseudoguttata. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2012;250:111-21.
- Jonuscheit S, Doughty MJ, Ramaesh K. In-vivo confocal microscopy of corneal grafts: comparison of three endothelial morphometry methods. Eye (Lond) 2011;25:1130-7.
- Doughty MJ, Jonuscheit S, Button NF. Central corneal thickness and intra-ocular pressure in human corneas with endothelial guttata: An observational quality control study. Clin Exp Optom 2011;94:425- 32.
- Doughty MJ, Jonuscheit S. The Orbscan acoustic (correction) factor for central corneal thickness measures of normal human corneas. Eye Contact Lens 2010;36:106-115.
- Jonuscheit S, Doughty MJ. Discrepancy between central and mid-peripheral corneal thickness measures obtained with scanning slit pachymetry and non-contact specular microscopy. J Cataract Refract Surg 2009;35:2127-35.
- Jonuscheit S, Doughty MJ. Evidence for a relative thinning of the peripheral cornea with age in white European subjects. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009;50:4121-4128.
- Jonuscheit S, Doughty MJ. Repeatability of central corneal thickness measures by Orbscan pachymetry for right and left eyes. Eye Contact Lens 2009;35:20-25.
- Prof MJ Doughty
- Dr S Lang
- Dr K Ramaesh
- Dr S Mantry
- Dr R Martin
Higher Education Academy UK (Associate)