T: 0141 2731696
Dr. Rossit is a Lecturer in the School of Health and Life Sciences at Glasgow Caledonian University. She is the Deputy Research Group Leader of the newly formed Vision Neurosciences Research group at the Institute of Applied Health Research and also a member of the Musculoskeletal and Neurological Rehabilitation group.
Dr Rossit's major research interest is in how and where in the human brain sensory information is represented and combined for perceptual and motor responses and how these processes are affected by aging and disease. Moreover, she is also interested in studying novel methods for diagnosis and treatment of visual neglect a severe condition present in up to 80% of stroke patients characterized by a loss of awareness of the side of space opposite to the brain lesion. In her research, Dr Rossit carries out experiments with both healthy participants and stroke patients using state-of-the-art lesion-symptom mapping and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).
Dr Rossit collaborates with many national and international institutions (University of Glasgow, University of Strathclyde, University of Edinburgh, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Imperial College of London and the Western Ontario University in Canada) and is a reviewer for several international journals (e.g., Neuropsychologia, Cortex, Experimental Brain Research). Her work has resulted in numerous articles published in international journals in her field (see selected list of publications below).
If you’d like to join her lab or for more information about Dr. Rossit’s profile please visit her webpage.
- Rossit S., McIntosh, R.D., Malhotra, P., Butler, S.H., Muir, K., & Harvey, M. (in press). Attention in action: evidence from on-line corrections in left visual neglect. Neuropsychologia.
- Harvey, M.*, & Rossit, S.* (in press). Visuospatial neglect in action. Neuropsychologia. * joined first authorship
- Rossit, S., Malhotra, P., Muir, K., Duncan, G., Reeves, I. Duncan, G. & Harvey, M. (2011). The role of right temporal lobe structures in off-line action: evidence from lesion-behavior mapping in stroke patients. Cerebral Cortex, 21, 2751-2761.
- Rossit, S., Fraser J.A., Teasell R., Malhotra, P.A. & Goodale, M.A. (2011). Impaired delayed but preserved immediate grasping in a neglect patient with parieto-occipital lesions. Neuropsychologia, 49, 2498-2504.
- Harvey, M., Muir, K., Reeves, I., Duncan, G. & Rossit S. (2010). Long-term improvements in activities of daily living in patients with hemispatial neglect. Behavioural Neurology, 23, 237-239.
- McIntosh, R., Rossit, S., Malhotra, P., Butler, S. & Harvey, M. (2010). The automatic pilot for the hand is unbalanced by visual neglect. Behavioural Neurology, 23, 249-251.
- Rossit, S., Szymanek, L., Butler, S.H., & Harvey, M. (2010). Memory-guided saccade processing in visual form agnosia (patient DF). Experimental Brain Research, 200, 109-116.
- Rossit, S., Malhotra, P., Muir, K., Duncan, G., Reeves, I. Duncan, G., Livingstone, K., Jackson, H., Hogg, C., Castle, P., Learmonth, G., & Harvey, M. (2009). No neglect-specific deficits in reaching tasks. Cerebral Cortex, 19, 2616-2624.
- Butler S.H., Rossit, S., Gilchrist, I.D., Ludwig, C.J.H., Olk, B., Muir, K., Reeves, I. & Harvey, M. (2009). Non-lateralized deficits in anti-saccade performance in patients with hemispatial neglect. Neuropsychologia, 47, 2488-2495.
- Rossit, S., Malhotra, P., Muir, K., Duncan, G., Reeves, I. Birschel, P., & Harvey, M. (2009). The neural basis of visuomotor deficits in hemispatial neglect. Neuropsychologia, 47, 2149-2153.
- Rossit, S., Muir K., Reeves, I., Duncan, G., Birschel, P., & Harvey, M. (2009). Immediate and delayed reaching in hemispatial neglect. Neuropsychologia, 47, 1563-1572.
- Ludwig, C.J.H., Gilchrist, I.D., Butler, S.H., Rossit, S. & Harvey, M. (2009). Modelling contralesional movement slowing after unilateral brain damage. Neuroscience letters, 452, 1-4.
- Rossit, S. & Harvey, M. (2008). Age-related differences in corrected and inhibited pointing movements. Experimental Brain Research, 185, 1-10.