As one of the country’s leading providers of health and life science graduates we are dedicated to developing not just professionals of the highest academic ability and quality, but professionals who work effectively in a challenging and dynamic environment that is subject to continual and very often, rapid changes.
We strive to provide the highest standard of educational and research experience possible, using expertise from a wide range of academic staff within the School, to understand the demands faced by you when seeking to successfully deliver your research and thesis.
Key reasons to undertake your PhD with us
- A long and established history of delivering Health & Life Sciences education and research.
- A significant RAE 2008 score.
- Staff who are widely recognised on their field.
- Accreditation for our degree programmes from a range of leading professional bodies
- Strong partnerships with other universities, colleges and training organisations across the UK and the rest of the world.
- Excellent professional links with a wide range of employers and local authorities.
- High graduate employability rates.
- Excellent teaching and learning facilities.
- Flexible and relevant research that is designed for a wide range of professionals.
- An outstanding team of professional staff with extensive experience in both academic environments and industry
- A range of flexible approaches to your study mode including full-time on campus, part-time off campus, self-funded and university/industry funded.
Working in partnership with the School, the Graduate School provides support and skills training for research students, supervisors and researchers. It also acts as a social and intellectual hub and contribute to maintaining a vibrant research culture within Glasgow Caledonian University.