Part time Lecturer/Design Researcher, Centre for Creative Industries
T: 0141 331 3561
Dr. Dorothy Evans is a Lecturer and Researcher at the Centre for Creative Industries at Glasgow Caledonian University where she lectures on the MA/PgD Design Practice & Management programme. She is an experienced project manager and has worked in product development, marketing and business development in a number of organisations. She has extensive experience in managing complex product design, multi-technology projects through to successful completion. She has experience in creating exhibition and support materials, organising suppliers and managing clients with regard to staging high-quality exhibition and dissemination experiences on a national and international level. She has also been pivotal in establishing and managing a network of designers and creative organisations across a widespread geographical region. She holds an MA in Design Management (Staffordshire University) and a PhD from the Centre for Creative Industries at Glasgow Caledonian University. Her PhD thesis examined ‘Value-Added Design: Perception vs. Reality’.
- PhD - ‘Value-Added Design: Perception vs. Reality’
- Masters – Design Management
- Part time Lecturer/Design Researcher (2008 to present)
- Project Manager – Birmingham City University (2007 – 2008)
- Project Manager – Staffordshire University (2001 – 2007)
- PA/Project Manager – Koch Engineering, Lynx Express, FirstNet (South Africa)
- Design & Creativity in Organisations
- Design & Creativity in Education
- Design Management
- Relationship between Creativity and Design.
- Evans D., 2009. Design2Business, Value Added Through Design Perception V Reality. Tshinghua International Design Management Symposium, Proceedings of D2B2, Beijing 2009. ISBN 978-0-9552338-2-1 pp 285 – 293.
- Evans D., Wood B., 2009. Creating a Better World, Value Added Through Design Perception and the Reality. Proceedings of the 11th Engineering and Product Design Education International Conference, University of Brighton, 10th – 11th September 2009. ISBN 978-1-904670-18-6 pp 263 – 268.
- Evans D., 2010. Value Added through the Design process: Industry and Academia Perspectives. 2nd ConnectED International Conference on Design Education, 28 June to 1 July 2010, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- Evans D., Wood B.2010. E&PDE 2010 - Ma Design Practice & Management: A Real Industry And Academic Collaboration. 12th International Conference On Engineering And Product Design Education, 02 - 03 Sep 2010, Norwegian University Of Science And Technology, Trondheim, Norway. ISBN978-1904670-19-3
International Journal Papers:
- Evans D., (2010), “Value added in Design”, 5th International Conference on Design Principles and Practices, 2nd-4th February 2011, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy. Proposal accepted at the Conference Proceedings Design Principles and Practices - An International Journal.
- Lalaounis S.T., Wood B.M. and Evans D., (2010), “Advancing Design Management as a Distinctive Academic Discipline”, 5th International Conference on Design Principles and Practices, 2nd-4th February 2011, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy. Proposal accepted at the Conference Proceedings (http://G11.cgpublisher.com/proposals/13) – full paper submitted to Design Principles and Practices - An International Journal.