Tel: +44 (0)141 331 3539
Environmental Management, GIS, Energy Technologies, Climate change and carbon management, Water quality and waste water treatment, contaminated land and remediation techniques, Waste management, resources and sustainability, Building services, Environmental pollution, monitoring and analysis.
Areas of Excellence:
- Environmental Management
- Green space
- Assessment of energy resources (renewable energy) and potential for use, in particular solar energy (thermal and PV), wind and hydro.
- Heat transfer (especially natural convection), lab. Measurement.
- Energy use and energy efficiency in buildings – assessment of low-energy and passive solar designs.
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficient buildings
- Building retrofits
- Energy policy
- Life cycle assessment
- Whole life costing/value
- Numerical modelling of different glazing systems
- Environmental monitoring of operational and closed landfill sites
- Environmental impact of oil and gas exploration and production
Courses within Subject group:
- BSc(Hons) Environmental Management (EM)
- BSc (Hons) Building Services Engineering (BSE)
- MSc Energy and Environmental Management (EEM)
- MSc Waste Management (WM)
- MSc Sustainable Energy Technology (SET)
- MSc Building Services Engineering (MBSE)
Academic Staff List:
- BSc Environmental Management - Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- BSc Building Services Engineering - Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering (CIBSE)
- MSc Energy and Environmental Management – CIWEM and CIBSE
- MSc Waste Management – Cartered Institution of Waste Management (CIWM) and CIBSE
- MSc Sustainable Energy Technologies – CIBSE
- Msc Building Services Engineering - CIBSE
- AES Ltd (manufacturers of solar collectors based in Forres, near Inverness)
- SERCO (facility management), Scottish office.
- Valpack ( compliance, waste management, recycling, sustainable development
Our graduates have secured employment at public and private organisations including SEPA, local authorities, water companies, energy companies, consultants, site investigation companies, waste management companies.